Have you been playing with your font pairings and want to know which ones make harmonious duos?
Ensuring your typefaces complement each other is a vital part of design. In a follow-up post to our most popular Canva post ‘Font Pairing like a Pro,’ we give you some more creative and super effective font pairings to use in your designs.
To ensure you are familiar with the words used in this guide, we have included a new glossary with some feature terms from within this post.
01. Cool and Cute
- Yellowtail eludes a playful energy, a perfect type application for a children’s topic.
- Create hierarchy by splitting your copy into sections and applying font size according to importance.
- Apply a basic, geometric typeface to smaller text to help with legibility.
- Extra tip – applying a vignette to your background image will create a radial effect, helping draw more focus to the text.
02. Edible Elegance
- Using the same typeface in sentence case and caps creates indifference, and still keeps it in the family! Libre Baskerville (Honeycomb & The Ultimate Dinner Treat) offers an elegant combination.
- If your copy offers a descender (y), take advantage! Creep a word underneath(ice-cream)aligning it with the end of the word above.
- Apply an embellishment like a line or a swirl as if it’s attached to your script type for a super-luxe effect!
03. Seriously Stylistic
- Combining an italic with a sans serif creates a stylistic and chic ‘aesthetic’ – perfect for an interior design graphic.
- To give finer typefaces more gusto – place copy on top of a contrasting colored shape.
- Ensure your alignment is in check! Note the positioning of the dark rectangle, the ‘E’ in Aesthetics and the end of the third sentence.
04. Handwritten Holidays
- Sketch and handwritten typefaces have a great voice – a golden match when applied well.
- Ensure there is balance within your text marriage, try to include a combination of text size and weight for variation.
- Adding flavor to your design, like the flower to replace the tittle on the ‘i’ (yes, that’s what it’s called!) is a fun touch.
Ready to start your own font pairing magic?
Design is about having fun! Getting to know your font selection can take a little while, so we hope this has helped you continue your exploration with type styles and inspires some epic, fun, elegant and unique graphics!