Not sure how to use our articles?
All of the articles we publish on the Design School are meant to help you solve a real-world problem.
But do you know how to get the most out of them?
“Edit this design in Canva”
You might notice when you’re reading our articles that some of the images included have a caption on the right of them that say “Edit this design in Canva”. Like this one:
Guess what happens when you click the image? It opens up in your Canva account for you to customize and keep for whatever you need it for. Go on, try it with that one above and see what happens…
Welcome to Canva layouts
For those who’ve never used a Canva layout before, if you did click the image of the bowl of oranges, you would have had your very first experience with one. It’s one of our newest layouts.
What you see below is another Canva layout in use. It was chosen from the layout library (on the left).
What’s so good about Canva layouts?
- They are pre-made by Canva’s team of professional designers.
- They are customizable. You can change virtually everything about them — from the words written on them, to the colors on them, to the photos — and they become yours.
Add these 2 things together and you get…
A professional-grade design that you’ve technically made yourself. In other words, they basically turn you into a professional designer (or, at the very least, they make you come across like one).
Why is this important?
Because Canva isn’t just about design. It’s about solving problems. It’s about giving people the tools they need to use design to grow on social, to deliver professional presentations, to create business cards and birthday cards, and more. And, with Canva layouts, you can do all of that without needing the help of a professional designer.
There are 100s of ways Canva can help you…
But if you can’t think of any, click here to get your creative juices flowing.
Want to start using our articles now?
You’ll find amazing Canva layouts in all of these articles:
- How we increased Design School’s traffic to 1 million visits [and download the templates we used to do it]
- A simple trick we use at Canva to enhance our images and achieve brand consistency [with templates]
- 10 tactics for launching on social media and generating buzz, inspired by companies who’ve done it [with free templates]
- Presentation Design 101: How to build presentations that really engage [with templates]
- Graphics That Connect With Your Audience on Social Media and How to Create Them
- How SumoMe uses Canva to seriously boost public engagement with their content [and how you can too]
- See how these companies win on Instagram — and learn how you can do the same without a professional designer.
- How I used Canva and Facebook to gain 1,892 email subscribers [with templates]
- How to Stand Out with a Brilliant Facebook Cover Photo
- How I Create Over 50+ Visuals Using Canva Weekly to Boost My Online Marketing
- How to Snatch a Competitive Advantage with Facebook and Instagram Carousel Ads
- Pinterest for Business — How You Can Use Pinterest To Grow Your Online Business
- How blog graphics help Canva average 60k sessions per month [with free templates for you to do the same]
- 20 Simple Ways to Promote Your Event Using Social Media
- Designing a Business Card: 50 Awesome Case Studies (And What You Can Learn From Them)
- How to Create Impactful Instagram Ads [With Free Templates]
- 5 Visual Branding Mistakes Too Many Businesses Make [With Bonus Guide to Building Your Visual Brand in Canva]
- 8 Social Media Lessons You Can Learn From The Pros [With Templates]
- What the Top 25 Brands on Instagram are Posting [With Free Templates]
- 15 Valuable Tips on Running a Successful Social Media Contest [With Free Templates]
- 9 Strategies for Promoting Your YouTube Channel and Videos on Social Media
- 20 Incredible Book Covers Non-Designers Can Pull Off [with Free Templates]